Sunday, September 8, 2013

Day 8

Crazy ass dream last night. Involved food (non-compliant of course) and taking a nap at work with Lil. Think I'm short on sleep to be dreaming about sleep???

I always seem to get way less done on prep days than I need to. It just makes the weeknights a little shorter, that's all.

Felt pretty good all day till about 4:30 we sat down for an early dinner and I started feeling very sleepy. Like droopy eyes, the whole bit. Thankfully Lil was too. After dinner was a tubby for the two of us and then bed for her. I still have some cleaning up to do.

Food:

Breakfast: I am staying away from cooked eggs in any scrambled form. Turned my stomach this morning when I made a 3 egg scramble of onions, peppers and spinach. Lil liked it though. Topped it with avocado and salsa. Still only ate half. Having my eggs boiled or over easy from here on out.

Lunch: Left over chicken thighs on top of red lettuce, tomatoes, red onion, kalamatta olives, and topped with balsamic vinegar and olive oil. Delicious and I was very hungry for this meal at noon.

Dinner: Eh... Tried making cauliflower mash with turnip and roasted garlic and I thought it would be genius to roast the veg instead of steam. Yeah, well...not so much. The flavor and texture was way off. Lil liked it a lot though. Boneless chicken thighs rolled up w/pesto and asparagus. The whole meal was sub par and I wasn't really feeling like eating once I realized the mash didn't turn out. Ate most of the chicken and some of the asparagus. Hopefully I won't be hit with a craving before bed.

Did I mention I NEED A BIGGER KITCHEN?

Yeah, prep day sucks with about 5 square feet of work surface.

I'll end this with my little snuggle bunny giving her devilish grin.


No comments:

Post a Comment