Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Day 15, 16, 17

Day 15 and 16 are kind of a blur. I got little sleep. I prepped. I thought I had a cold which is actually allergies. I had little time to do much of anything than take care of a sick baby, prepare my food, and and eat it. 

So here I am on day 17 feeling great due to some much needed Claritin and Derek taking a til midnight shift with Lil and I going to bed somewhere between 8 and 9. he probably isn't fond of this scenario, but it seems fair to me. Six solid hours for him and 3-4 solid hours with a few hours collectivley sprinkled in the second half of the night. I went for a trip to the mall on my break to return two shirts that I will never where. I felt good. I felt incredible actually. Loads of confidence. Walking tall. I think people could feel it. I got looks. From men and women. I smiled. I bought a size large shirt. Not XL. LARGE. Yea. And it fits beautifully. I am starting to see who I could be. The healthy version of myself emerging. I am wearing a belt again on my pants because they don't stay up on their own anymore and when I sit down it doesn't hurt. The belt doesn't press into my guts making them hurt. This is amazing. This non-bloated alive version of me is AMAZING and I still have almost two more full weeks of this. I hope this feeling lasts. I hope it lasts longer. I am ready to shift my eating for a lifetime. I am ready. 

Switching gears, Lil is 9 months old today. Where did the time go? She does this adorable nose scrunch and breaths in and out really quickly while smiling and it cracks me up. She talks in tongue. La-laing it against her teeth make songs. She is feisty and hates getting dressed and diaper changes. She prefers the nude. She opens and closes doors. She is mesmerized by traffic and other moving things. She smiles at strangers when their own lips turn at the corners and if someone gets too close she buries her face in the crook of my neck still giving a cheeky grin.  She still cuddles with me and cries out in the middle of the night to make sure I'm there. I scoop her up and hold her close and we both sleep until the next time she wakes. She has been here on this earth for about the same amount of time as she was growing inside me. She is amazing. She is only 9 months old. 






No comments:

Post a Comment