Friday, September 6, 2013

Day 6

Woke up feeling pretty good again even though we had another night of very interrupted sleep. Worse than the night before. Around 11 or so my eyes started getting sleepy, but my mind still felt on top of it. Digestion is off too. Not sure what to make of it. I've been putting clove oil on the inside of my cheek to aid in the pain relief and hoping it will hurry up and heal. It's more of a nuisance than anything, but I must be re-aggravating it in my sleep.

I'm behind on my menu planning  this week and forgot my food bible at home today. Hopefully I'll have everything wrapped up this evening. 

I need to start incorporating exercise again. The nights bring the crisp autumn air, great for running. That, and I discovered I'm starting to get "mom ass." You know the one. Squats it is.

credit

After last nights dinner I realize I am am getting really good at making homemade dressings, something that I always use to not be great at. Okay. I sucked at it. Might throw out a few bottles now that I have some good flavor profiles in my pocket. 
Food Recap

Breakfast: 3 hard-boiled eggs, a sliced cucumber in apple cider vinegar, melon, and of course my coconut coffee.

Lunch: Leftover chocolate chili over baby spinach w/half an avocado, and some leftover brocolli slaw salad sans chicken (mmmmm...soggy lettuce).


Dinner: MMMMM... coconut curry with peppers, onions, spinach, and chicken over cauliflower rice. The picture does not come close to doing it justice..never said I was a photographer.

Derek: Is this couscous or quinoa?
Me: Neither. I'm not allowed to have any grains.
Derek: What is it?
Me: Cauliflower.
Derek: Fooled me.

The meal was a definite hit. My cooking skills have always been good, but I've been branching out into uncharted spice territory while on this Whole30 and they have improved greatly. Maybe it's the confidence? Who knows.

Eyes are getting heavy and its just past 8pm. Still feeling really good physically and mentally. Tomorrow will be the end of my first week and I am greatly surprised at how easy this week has gone. It really is all about planning.


Thought- Is Lil a crappy sleeper because I tell everyone that she sucks at sleeping? Power of positive thinking?

No comments:

Post a Comment