Thursday, September 5, 2013

Day 5

Even though my little Lady only let me have one chunk of fours hours of sleep and some 20 minutes to an hour here and there throughout the night, I woke feeling really mentally rested. I feel very clear. My eyes still feel a bit tired, but my body feels great. No lower back discomfort. No headache. I wasn't anticipating feeling good this early in the program. From what I've read days 1-7 are tough and my body would still be adjusting at this time.

Breakfast: 3 hard-boiled eggs, tomato basil salad in olive oil, and melon

Lunch: Chicken breast, kalamatta olives, carrots & peppers with ranch for dipping

Snack: Handful of toasted coconut with slivered almonds. This 2 hours after my lunch...I might have confused this with thirst, or I didn't have enough protein.

Dinner: Broccoli and cabbage slaw salad with chicken, mushrooms, cucumber, peppers, lettuce, snap peas, toasted almonds, and a creamy Asian vinaigrette.It was humungous. Couldn't finish it. Not sure if its because I was full or because I was tired of chewing raw veg for what seemed like forever....

I need to start planning next weeks menu. This week worked out pretty good so far. I have strayed from my original plan but I knew that would happen anyway. Having it all mapped out gave me a great jumping off point and made it so I have plenty of compliant food on hand. Where as if I hadn't planned I would have probably given up by now.

9:30 and I am ready to hit the hay. Till tomorrow







No comments:

Post a Comment