Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Day 10

Stayed home with the Little Lady today. She has a low grade fever (101.5). Its Fifths disease or her top teeth coming in. Who knows. Either way we'll be riding it out. I did notice that I had no guilt about staying home with here. Normally if I were the one not feeling well I would have toughed it out and gone to work. There was no question whether or not I would stay home with her. Even though she didn't feel good, I sure did love all the extra cuddles I got today. I love so mush just being in that moment and soaking it in. Nothing like being needed.

After breakfast we went for a walk to Walgreens to get some more baby Tylenol just in case. I noticed that I felt much taller and stronger on our short walk. I haven't really been doing any other form of exercise. Not that I struggled walking before, it just seemed easier. 

I have a confession to make. I broke a rule. I weighed myself. Better than eating non-compliant, but I don't feel bad about it either. I've already forgotten what the scale said, but it was in the 220's and that is good news to me. Today is the first day that I've physically noticed a change. I'm in-between sizes right now which sucks because all my pants are falling down, but the next size down gives me a muffin top, not so cute.

Food:

Breakfast: One and a half hard boiled eggs (Lil had the other half) with sweet potato hash and ground turkey. 

Lunch: Chicken thighs on salad with a vinaigrette. Simple and easy. Served its purpose. 


Dinner: Bacon wrapped meatloaf, oven roasted carrots, and green beans. Purdy, ain't she? Delicious too. A little dry because I was so worried about getting some good crispness to the bacon. We devoured the carrots too. None for Lil for tomorrow night. Sorry babe.

Feeling: It was hard being home alone today with Lil. I certainly had moments where I thought about digging a spoon into the carton of ice cream knowing no one would know but me. But it just wasn't worth it. I feel good. Why waste all this effort?




No comments:

Post a Comment