Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Day 3

Lil sucks at sleeping.

I know that part of this is probably my fault. I know she has sleep associations and at almost nine months old wakes twice on a good night, many more on a bad. I know all of these things. I'm struggling with what to do. I need to figure out a plan and stick to it. I just don't want her to feel lonely. My sweet little Lil. But we are both tired. She was so exhausted when she woke at 5am that she cried and cried till I finally gave her a bub at 6:30 to go back to sleep after the the bub that I gave her around 5 am so she would hopefully stay asleep. Did that last sentence even make sense? Ack! Thankfully it is dead at work. 

Needless to say I am sucking at the whole getting good sleep part of Whole30. I am trying. I really am. It's my daughter who is putting up the fuss. Thankfully I have coconut milk for my delicious coffee, although I'm trying to remember not to be reliant on the caffeine. 


I took two Excedrin this morning due to the lingering headache that won't get the hint that I do not want it around.

Breakfast: 2 hard-boiled eggs, spinach/pineapple/banana/chia/spirulina smoothie, coffee with coconut milk (I know, smoothies are not the greatest choice because of the fruit. It's cool). 

Lunch: Leftover Chocolate Chili over spaghetti squash topped with avocado

Snack: Apple with sunbutter

Dinner: A delicious hot plate with zoodles, ground turkey, onions, spices, and tomatoes.

Feelings: Besides tired? I was hungry for lunch before 11am and ate around 11:15. Yeah. yeah. The smoothie didn't hold me. Started feeling hungry around 1:30pm and knew I couldn't possibly be real hunger with how much I ate for lunch, so I kept on drinking water. I desperately wanted another coffee, but without my coconut milk and it being after noon, I thought otherwise. The hunger dragon reared its real head around 4:30...and I just couldn't wait any longer so I had a snack. I continued to feel great and was just a little hungry by the time Lil went down for sleep at 8 pm.Derek had bread and butter with his meal and although it looked really crusty and yummy the craving wasn't that intense.

I was hoping to stay up and watch Extreme Weight Loss, but I have a feeling I'm about to crash. I know. I know. I'm not supposed to eat and then go straight to bed, but today has been all kinds of messed up.


No comments:

Post a Comment